Assembly and Fabrication Technician
Burnaby, BCPosting Closes: February 9, 2019
An exciting opportunity exists in our Burnaby research facility for an energetic and committed assembly and fabrication technician. Our company conducts industrial research projects for clients from various industries. The projects often revolve around a physical model of an industrial process which is designed, built and tested in our laboratory. The successful candidate will be required to assist our Engineering department in assembling and commissioning these models as well as supporting our laboratory and warehouse operations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assembly of research equipment, including plumbing and rigging of mechanical equipment, tanks and vessel sections.
- Developing assembly and rigging procedures and strategy from CAD models.
- Fabrication and machining of apparatus components
- Assisting Engineers and Technologists with procurement of equipment, including vendor liaison and parts checking
- Transferring equipment with a forklift from our warehouse to our laboratory
- Care and maintenance of industrial lab and workshop equipment.
- General lab support.
- Clean dirty lab equipment and lab-ware and returning to stock.
- Organization and cleaning up of work areas.
- Following standard operating procedures while running analytical tests on samples to ensure repeatability, accuracy and consistency.
- Operating lab instrumentation, recording and communicating results.
- Organization and record keeping.
Skills and Experience:
- Candidate must be creative and thrive on solving problems
- Hands-on experience with machinery and/or fabrication tools (metal, plastic, wood)
- Demonstrated exposure to plumbing of plastic and metal piping assemblies, including glued, threaded, flanged and compression-fitting connections
- Able to operate a forklift and scissor lift
- Experience with proper rigging techniques
- Exposure to 3D CAD packages is an asset
- Attention to detail while performing repetitive tasks
Projects will be based mainly out of our industrial laboratory facility in Burnaby. However, there are also potential requirements for field work and assignments to our Edmonton branch or clients’ facilities based on project requirements. The candidate must thrive in a team oriented environment, as well as work well independently.
- High school diploma with preference given to those with a Certificate from a post-secondary program. (mechanics, trades, etc)
- Work experience in an industrial / construction / workshop setting
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Excellent written and communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English
Please send us your resume and cover letter using this form.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however,
only those under consideration will be contacted.