CFD Research Scientist
Burnaby, BCPosting Closes: July 22, 2019
An exciting opportunity exists in our Burnaby, BC facility for a Research Scientist with a strong background in CFD, dimensional analysis and project management. The successful candidate will engage in advanced research and development projects over a wide range of industrial sectors and technologies.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Development and execution of CFD simulation programs to analyze industrial systems
- Technical support in various subject areas to other Scientists
- Data analysis, report preparation and presentations to clients and internal stakeholders
- Mechanical design and process calculations (heat transfer, stress analysis etc.)
- Project Management and supervision / mentoring of Engineering and professional staff
- Proposal development and project planning
- Building and management of client relationships
- New technology development
Required skills and experience:
- Extensive experience with CFD (Fluent, OpenFOAM), 3D CAD, and data analysis software packages
- Very strong fundamental knowledge and understanding of the principles of heat, mass, and momentum transport, thermodynamics, and chemical reaction engineering.
- Experience managing technical teams and projects, with a focus on technical deliverables.
- Ability to work to deadlines, in a resource-constrained environment.
- Ability to rapidly assimilate data from findings and results in parallel fields and apply these to the problem under study.
- Preparation of reports, papers, proposals and/or grant applications, at a level that considers the end reader.
- Presentation of results and data to industry experts, clients and internal stakeholders
Experience in several of the following areas is desirable:
- Demonstrated successes in industrial problem solving
- Data analysis
- Gas/solids fluidization
- Heavy oil upgrading
- Tailings management
- Mixing processes
- Multi-phase flows
- Separation technologies
- Sprays and jets
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Biological processes
- 5-10 years of industrial Engineering and/or research-based experience
- PhD in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, Mathematics (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated excellence in project management
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Eligibility to work in Canada
Benefits available to our employees:
- RRSP matching
- Health spending account
- Dental, vision and extended health coverage
- Travel coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible work hours
- Paid time off for sick days and medical reasons
- In-house, online and in-class training sessions and seminars
- Subsidies for professional accreditation
- Annual development plans
- Various social events for employee and their families
Please send us your resume and cover letter using this form.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however,
only those under consideration will be contacted.