Chemical Engineering Scientist
Edmonton, ABPosting Closes: June 1, 2019
An exciting opportunity exists in our Edmonton, AB facility for a Chemical Engineering Scientist with a strong background in experimental work, Process Engineering and Analytical Chemistry. The successful candidate will engage in advanced research and development projects over a wide range of industrial sectors and technologies. The key responsibilities will include:
- Strategic Management and technical direction of research projects
- Analysis of complex problems through physical modelling programs and/or CFD
- Project Management and supervision / mentoring of Engineering and professional staff
- Report writing and review
- Proposal development and project planning
- Building and management of client relationships
- New technology development
Required skills and experience:
- Very strong fundamental knowledge and understanding of the principles of heat, mass, and momentum transport, thermodynamics, and chemical reaction engineering.
- Experience managing technical teams and projects, with a focus on technical deliverables.
- Ability to work to deadlines, in a resource-constrained environment.
- Ability to rapidly assimilate data from findings and results in parallel fields and apply these to the problem under study.
- Planning and setup of complex experimental programs to support analysis of industrial systems
- Development of complex analytical procedures to support research programs
- Process Engineering and/or flowsheet development of complex processes
- Project Management with a strong emphasis on planning and communications
- Preparation of reports, papers, proposals and/or grant applications, at a level that considers the end reader.
- Presentation of results and data to industry experts, clients, and laypeople.
Experience in several of the following areas is desirable:
- Demonstrated successes in industrial problem solving
- Data analysis
- Tailings management
- Mixing processes
- Multi-phase flows
- Separation technologies
- Gas/liquid/solids fluidization
- Sprays and jets
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Biological processes
- 5-10 years of industrial Engineering and/or research-based experience
- PhD in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry + applicable experience
- Demonstrated excellence in project management
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Eligibility to work in Canada
- Eligibility for Professional Engineer status in Alberta
Benefits available to our employees:
- RRSP matching
- Health spending account
- Dental, vision and extended health coverage
- Travel coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible work hours
- Paid time off for sick days and medical reasons
- In-house, online and in-class training sessions and seminars
- Subsidies for professional accreditation
- Annual development plans
- Various social events for employee and their families
Please send us your resume and cover letter using this form.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however,
only those under consideration will be contacted.