Burnaby, BCPosting Closes: December 5, 2021
Coanda Research & Development Corporation is a rapidly growing Engineering research company specializing in solving the most complex industrial problems. To tackle such challenges, Coanda develops and leverages a range of advanced methodologies such as physical and computational (CFD) modelling, mathematical and statistical modelling and custom instrumentation.
A challenging opportunity exists in our Burnaby, BC facility for a Chemical Technician. The successful candidate will engage in advanced research and development projects over a wide range of industrial sectors and technologies.
The key responsibilities will include:
• Assisting project teams (scientists, engineers, and technologists) to execute projects accurately and on time
• Maintaining a safe, organized, and efficient analytical lab space and operation
• Helping technologists maintain lab inventory/consumables and handling of chemicals
• Experimental setups and maintaining related lab infrastructure
• Assisting technologists with the procurement/setup of new lab equipment, including vendor liaison and Quality Assurance (QA)
• Labelling, logging, and collecting samples from various experiments
• Compiling and maintaining well-organized data (lab books, photos etc.)
• Following standard operating procedures while running analytical tests (vacuum filtrations, titrations, measuring heights and weights etc.) on samples to ensure repeatability, accuracy, and consistency
• Assisting technologists with the operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment such as rheometers, pH and conductivity meters, moisture analyzers, analytical balances,
centrifuges, laser diffraction particle size analyzers etc.
• Cleaning plus organizing the lab and other work areas
Required skills and experience:
• Working safely in an industrial lab environment, following procedures and regulations
• Paying attention to detail while performing repetitive tasks
• Operating and maintaining sensitive analytical lab equipment and instrumentation
• Having knowledge of chemical lab techniques
• Having knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Preferential skills and experience:
• Understanding of photography, lighting, and camera set-up
• Experience with data acquisition, control instrumentation and wiring
• Knowledge of process equipment, valves, piping and pumping systems (gas and liquid)
• Experience with high pressure systems and gas cylinders
• Forklift and scissor lift experience
• Familiarity with power and hand tools
• Post high school Certificate or Diploma in Chemistry, Chemical Technology, or other related discipline with a focus on industrial processes or laboratories.
• 1-2 years of industrial or research experience
• Eligibility to work in Canada
Benefits available to our employees:
• RRSP matching
• Health spending account
• Dental, vision and extended health coverage
• Travel coverage
• Short- and long-term disability coverage
• Life Insurance and AD&D
• Flexible work hours
• Paid time off for sick days and medical reasons
This is an on-site job at Coanda’s Burnaby facility; however some travel may be required to our Edmonton facility to support projects on an as-needed, but infrequent basis. Participating in field projects at customer’s facilities is also a possibility for this position.
Coanda is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
We thank all those that apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send us your resume and cover letter using this form.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however,
only those under consideration will be contacted.