Chemical Engineering Technologist
Edmonton, ABPosting Closes: January 31, 2019
An exciting opportunity exists in our Edmonton research facility for an energetic and committed Chemical Engineering Technologist. The successful candidate will support laboratory operations, industrial research projects and experiments for clients in various industries such as oil, energy, natural resources, and defense, among many others.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining a safe, organized and efficient analytical lab space and operations
- Setup, operation, calibration, and maintenance of:
- Analytical and measurement equipment such as rheometers, pH and conductivity meters, moisture analyzer, gas chromatography, wet titration, analytical balances, centrifuges, vacuum extraction, ray diffraction, etc.
- Analytical testing, experimental setups and related lab infrastructure
- Wet chemistry bench procedures and diagnostics
- Maintaining lab inventory/consumables and handling of chemicals
- Working closely with project managers and research scientists to execute projects accurately and on time.
- Conducting accurate data collection and analysis.
- Compiling and maintaining well-organized data reporting (lab books, manager’s reports, photos, etc.)
- Brainstorming and implementing new ideas and technology in the areas of lab techniques, sample preparations, instrumentation, etc.
Skills & Experience:
- Operating and maintaining sensitive analytical lab equipment & instrumentation
- Knowledge of chemical lab techniques
- Working safely in a lab environment, following procedures & regulations
- Data analysis experience using Excel, Matlab and/or Origin is an asset
Additional Valuable Assets:
- Experience with:
- Process equipment such as meters, pumps, compressors, valves
- Pumps and pumping systems (gas and liquid)
- Fabrication and machining, industrial pipe and tube fitting
- High pressure systems & gas cylinders
- Data acquisition and control instrumentation
- Hands-on experience with mechanical systems, process equipment, instrumentation and wiring, lab setup, power and hand tools, etc.
- Design, fabrication, and assembly of custom components.
- Photography, lighting, and camera set-up experience
Projects will be based mainly out of our industrial laboratory facility in Edmonton. However, there are also potential opportunities for field work and assignments to our Burnaby office based on project requirements. The candidate must also thrive in a team oriented environment, as well as work well independently.
- 2-year Diploma of Technology in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- 0-5 years of experience with analytical equipment, procedures and lab techniques
- Recent grads welcomed
- Laboratory/Industrial environment experience an asset
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Excellent written and communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please send us your resume and cover letter using this form.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however,
only those under consideration will be contacted.