Burnaby, BCPosting Closes: January 29, 2019
An exciting opportunity exists in our Burnaby research facility for an energetic and committed Facilities Coordinator. The successful candidate will ensure that all aspects of the company’s Burnaby physical resources are managed, maintained, and monitored to provide optimum support to the company’s business activities. This is a hands-on position, requiring the candidate to be able to think on their feet while interfacing with technical and non-technical staff.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that the facility is maintained in a safe and clean condition, and complies with applicable regulations, codes, and standards.
- Coordinate maintenance, repairs, and upgrades to facility systems, fixed equipment, and rolling stock (e.g. forklifts, electrical, plumbing, fire suppression, HVAC, compressors, security, etc.)
- Coordinate with contractors for new installations, maintenance, and repairs.
- Perform repairs and maintenance within scope of abilities.
- Participate in making recommendations to management on future facility development, planning, and equipment acquisitions / layouts.
- With Engineering, coordinate and plan new experiment installs as they pertain to facility tie-ins (electrical, water, etc.).
- On an as-needed basis, assist with the operation, setup, and maintenance of lab experiments.
- Assist with general lab organization and planning
- Provide oversight and relief for warehousing/inventory and shipping/receiving.
- Facilities budget management and cost tracking.
- Provide support to the Operations Manager, Safety Officer, and Engineering Department, as needed.
Skills and Experience that are assets
- Previous experience with building systems and/or construction (electrical, plumbing, HVAC…).
- Trades or Technical/Engineering Qualification in relevant field.
- Experience on an industrial worksite and/or a research laboratory.
- Experience working with vendors on regular maintenance contracts.
- Fabrication experience (hand tools, woodworking equipment, machine tools, etc.).
- Experience interfacing with ERP and/or accounting systems.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in an industrial/commercial environment (or equivalent).
- High school diploma with preference to those with a certificate/diploma/degree in Building Systems, Engineering, or a Trades Qualification.
- Forklift, scissor lift, and material handling equipment experience and/or tickets.
- Proficiency using Excel and Word.
- Eligibility to work in Canada.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluency in written and spoken English.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please send us your resume and cover letter using this form.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however,
only those under consideration will be contacted.