Junior Mechanical Engineering Technologist
Junior Mechanical Engineering Technologist (Edmonton, AB)
An exciting opportunity exists in our Edmonton research facility for an energetic and committed Mechanical Engineering Technologist. The successful candidate will support laboratory operations, industrial research projects and experiments for clients in various industries such as oil, energy, natural resources, and defense, among many others.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining a safe, organized and efficient lab space and operations
- Working closely with project managers and research scientists to execute projects accurately and on time, including aspects of project coordination and planning
- Specification, setup, operation, calibration, and maintenance of:
- Experimental setups and related lab infrastructure
- Process equipment such as meters, pumps, compressors, valves
- Analytical and measurement equipment
- Assisting engineers with experimental and equipment design
- Conducting accurate data collection and analysis
- Compiling and maintaining well-organized data reporting (lab books, photos, etc.)
- Design, fabrication and machining of custom parts and fixtures related to experimental setups
Skills and Experience:
- General mechanical design and fabrication experience
- Specification, installation and operation of pumps, piping and other process equipment
- Working safely in a lab environment and attention to details
- Data analysis experience using Excel, Matlab and/or Origin is an asset
- Hands-on experience with mechanical systems, instrumentation and wiring, power tools etc.
- Experience with project planning/coordination/management
Additional experience (at least 2-3 in the following areas):
- Fabrication and machining
- High pressure systems & gas cylinders
- Design, fabrication, and assembly of custom components
- Safety operations, HAZOP, inspections
- Photography, lighting, and camera set-up experience
- Data acquisition, control, and instrumentation
- Analytical instrumentation, analytical and chemical lab techniques
Projects will be based mainly out of our industrial laboratory facility in Edmonton. However, there are also potential opportunities for field work and assignments to our Burnaby office based on project requirements. The candidate must also thrive in a team oriented environment, as well as work well independently.
- 2-year Diploma of Technology in Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent
- 0-5 years of experience in a lab or industrial environment
- Recent grads welcome
- Must be eligible for ASET membership
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Excellent written and communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English
This is a full-time permanent position.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please send us your resume and cover letter using this form.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however,
only those under consideration will be contacted.